Not too long ago, robo-advice was this exciting new industry that was going to bring automated investing to the masses. Today, much of that original promise has been fulfilled and all major investment companies have it as part of their offerings. But there is still a lot of work to do here.
My next guest on the Fintech One-on-One Podcast is Sarah Levy, CEO of Improvement. Betterment was one of the pioneers in the field and it is interesting to see how they have evolved since their launch 13 years ago. As you will discover, today it is about much more than robo-advice to consumers.
In this podcast, you will learn:
- Which prompted Sarah to move into fintech from the media sector.
- Which drew her to Betterment in particular.
- The different lines of business they have today.
- How the narrative has changed since their debut.
- Details of their cash reserve account which pays 5.25%.
- How the March banking crisis impacted their business.
- Their typical customer and target demographic.
- Why Sarah championed their B2B deals.
- The four different marketing channels they focus on.
- What their clients value most when it comes to investment choices.
- Why they decided to add crypto to their offerings.
- Sarah’s perspective on the lack of female-led fintech companies.
- What we can do to create change at the top.
- The diversity programs they have inside Betterment.
- His vision for the future of Betterment.
Connect with Fintech One-on-One:
Download a PDF transcript by Sarah Levy here, or read the full version below.